Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Message

I didn't squish the horsefly because he made an honest mistake. I always forget that insects in general ain't so good with time. Most of them can't count much past six so add their temporal deficiencies with their lack of mathematical skills and you need to watch yourself around dates and time delivered by denizens of the insect family.

The stupid human that sent me the meeting date and time should have put that in the note strapped to the little bugger’s back. Being a stupid human he don’t know much about the native intelligence of our multi-legged friends… being a stupid human he don’t know much about the universe in general.

So I went back to that lovely place with the lovely aroma what reminds me of home and waited for monkey boy. He was a trip this one. He was a little brown fellah with thick black hair and dark eyes and a knife about as long as his forearm.

At first I thought he was a common thug looking for a bit of cash, but then he says to me, “I’m the messenger of Lord Sidious and if you are not the one who is tasked with hearing his words then tonight is your last night on earth.”

“That was pretty long winded mate,” I says just before I knocked the knife out of his hand and hoisted up in the air by the throat. I made me eyes glow red all evil like and showed him my fangs. I almost transformed back to me true self instead of this bloody monkey boy soma, but that takes too much energy and it was close to dawn.

“Now why don’t you deliver this here message before I lose me temper… you would like me when I’m angry… actually you wouldn’t like me period.”

After his teeth stopped chattering he said, “Lord Sidious says to tell you he believes he’s found agents from the second ring in Bangalore… many agents! He’s afraid they will bring the wrath of the Administration down on him and he requests your aid in discovering why they’re here!”

I dropped the little fellah into the muck and scratched me chin. I never met this here Lord Sidious, but I heard old Tres mention him a few times. If he was right about second ringers being here in the real worlds that would be big trouble. Us first ringers aren’t allowed out never mind them second ringers.

“You tell this bloke Sidious I’ll meet him soon. I’m going to do a little reconnoitering around this here lovely city. I’ll send the fly when I’m ready… and I’ll PUT THE DATE AND TIME IN THE NOTE!”

I loved the way that little feller cringed.

- Aimless