Saturday, March 29, 2008

I'm Baaaaaaaaaccccckkkkk...

So I got back from me excursion all over northern India these past two weeks. The place has changed quite a bit in the past few centuries. Sounds like I missed a bit of fun in all that time. The were a bunch of chaps named Mughals what came down from Persia and started all kinds of wars… nothing like a good war to stir the old demon spirit.

So me searchers were a right bunch of conjuring they were. They kept right behind that Sidious chap the whole time and he never was the wiser. I caught up to him in Delhi, actually old Delhi, and shadowed him for the whole day. The funny thing was he seemed more interested in the sights than engaging in any sort of evil machinations.

He stopped off at this place called Humayan’s tomb to start. I was all excited because I haven’t had a nice cup of tea in a tomb in ages and I figured I’d indulge meself when he wasn’t looking. Them there Mughals don’t make proper tombs. They’re all clean and tall and beautiful. It’s very disconcerting. You’d think for a race what spread so much fire and bloodshed they’d have a more visionary outlook on proper tomb building. There weren’t a bat or so much as a spider in the whole place!

Next this Sidious bloke stops at the Taj Mahal. Now I maybe a demon and all, but I know something what should be appreciated no matter what side of the good versus evil fence you fall on. That Shah Jahan who had this here edifice built had some inspiration I’ll tell you. I’m not much into beautiful myself. I like dark and dreary, ugly and freaky, terrible and horrific, but this here Taj Mahal took me breath away.

I almost lost Sidious because I was so taken. I was so busy gawking over this amazing bit of architecture that I didn’t see him saunter out the main gate. Fortunately me searchers pointed me in the right direction and I was back on his tail.

After the Taj he stopped at a place called the Red Fort. This place was a bit more to my liking as there were Indian soldiers with machine guns at the doors and a general aura of war around the place… it being a fort and all.

They had a lovely museum dedicated to the history of India. I didn’t realize the British had been so busy in these parts. It sounds like they had a lovely time subjugating the little brown monkey boys. It seems like they had some good times oppressing the masses for near on two hundred years. I got’s to hand it to them Brits. They always was best at subjugatin’.

At this point Sidious locked himself up in a hotel for a couple of days in a place called Jaipur. I just meandered around the back ways a bit and bided my time until he was on the move again.

I’m a bit bushed from all this traveling so I’ll post the rest of me journal tomorrow. I’ve gots to call Old Mal too.

- Aimless